All are invited to an Urban Land Institute event “Townhouses in Miami: Case Studies,” a panel discussion on townhouse design and development on Wed, Jan 27 from 8:30 to 10 AM at Miami Dade College’s Chapman Conference Center in downtown Miami, 245 NE 4th St, with free parking across the street, see details in this flyer.
The panel will feature:
- Steven Gretenstein, COO of Dacra, developer of Aqua
- Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk, Dean of UM School of Architecture and Principal of DPZ, architect of Aqua
- Fernando Menoyo, Partner at Coral Gables Rentals, developer of Almeria Row
- Teofilo Victoria, Principal of DLGV Architects, architect of Almeria Row
- Jorge L. Hernandez, Board member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation and Principal of JLH Architect, architect of Old Spanish Village
- Alex Gorlin, architect and author of “Creating the New American Townhouse”
The event, sponsored by Miami Dade College, will be moderated by Frank Martinez, professor at UM School of Architecture, and myself, and includes continental breakfast. Price is $20 for ULI members, $25 for non, to register click here. UM, FIU, and MDC architecture students get in free if they register through their schools, and hopefully the schools have let the students know how to register.