Winners (jury comments):
- 1st Prize: Team “CA Landscape”, including Trevor Curtis and Sylvia Kim, from Seoul, South Korea, with its design entitled “Miami Glades” (images, video).
- 2nd Prize: Team “Stantec”, including Vicky Chan, Liange Otero Colon, and Alex Zulas, from New York, New York, with its design entitled “Amphibian” (images, video).
- 3rd Prize: Gerd Wetzel and Martin Plock, from Basel, Switzerland, with their design entitled “Miami Loop” (images, video).
- Honorable Mention: team “NC-Office”, including Nik Nedev, Peter Nedev, Elizabeth Cardona, Cristina Canton, and Jorge San Martin, from Miami, Florida, with its design eneitled “Large Roof” (images, video).
- Honorable Mention: team “Zerovolume”, including Jung Seung Young and Joo Hee Kim from Seoul, South Korea, with its design entitled “Miami Breath” (images, video).
- Honorable Mention: Nik Martinov from Moscow, Russia with his design entitled “Vacuum” (images, video).
Award ceremony: welcoming remarks by Terry Riley and keynote speaker Chad Oppenheim (videos).
Jury: Javier Betancourt, Assistant Director, Miami Downtown Development Authority; Francisco Garcia, Planning Director, City of Miami; Eric Goldemberg, Professor, Florida International University School of Architecture; Jean-Francois Lejeune, Professor, University of Miami School of Architecure; Dennis Scholl, Director of Arts Programs, John S. & James L. Knight Foundation.
DawnTown 2009: Metromover
- 1st Prize: team #78097 “Office 24/7” from Melbourne, Australia: Rosalea Monacella, Craig Douglas, and Armando Oliver Suinaga (boards, details, video, website).
- 2nd Prize: team #02887 “See You Sunday” from Bangkok, Thailand: Saran Chaiyasuta and Prachaya Vanagul (boards, details, video).
- 3rd Prize: team #70842 “Double Katya” from St. Petersburg, Russia: Ekaterina Mikhaylova and Ekaterina Vasilieva (boards, details, video).
- Honorable Mention: team #59438 “Weston Williamson” from London England: Chris Williamson (boards, details, video, website).
Jury: Harpal Kapoor, Director, Miami-Dade Transit; Luis Revuelta, architect; Terry Riley, architect; Mera Rubell, Rubell Family Collection; Dennis Scholl, Miami Program Director, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation; Gillian Thomas, President, Miami Science Museum.
DawnTown 2008: Waterworks
Topic: sewer pump station (gallery of entries)
First: Helen Pierce of San Antonio, TX
Second: Mikkel Thisted of Frederiksberg, Denmark
Third: Bryan Astheimer and Sarah Weidner Astheimer of London, UK
Award ceremony (video)
Jury: Loretta Cockrum, CEO, Foram Group; Raymond Jungles, landscape architect; Cathy Leff, Director, Wolfsonian Museum; Misha Mladenovich, VP, Cabi Developers; Terry Riley, Director, Miami Art Museum; Gillian Thomas, President, Miami Science Museum; Alex Wall, Professor of Urban Design, University of Karlsruhe.
Topic: the future shape of cities
Keynote Speaker: Ricky Burdett, Professor and Director of Urban Age project at the London School of Economics, Director of 2006 Venice Architecture Biennale, and Chief Architecture Adviser the London 2012 Olympics (video of symposium).
Response Panel: Lizz Plater-Zyberk, Dean, University of Miami School of Architecture; Andres Viglucci, urbanism writer, Miami Herald; Neisen Kasdin, urban planning lawyer, Akerman Senterfitt, and former Mayor, City of Miami Beach.